India year Book 2017 Summary Pdf By IAS Score for UPSC prelims 2017,Mains 2017
India year Book 2017 Summary Pdf By IAS Score for UPSC prelims 2017,Mains 2017 -India year Book 2017 Summary Pdf By IAS Score for UPSC prelims 2017,Mains 2017
Chapters Inside India Year Book – All Chapters List Given below .
- Land and the People
- National Symbols
- Culture and Tourism
- Basic Economic Data
- Communications and Information Technology
- Corporate Affairs
- Food and Civil Supplies
- Health and Family Welfare
- India and the World
- Justice and Law
- Mass Communication
- Rural and Urban Development
- Scientific and Technological Developments
- Water Resources
- Youth Affairs and Sports
- States and Union Territories
- Diary of National Events
- General Information
Some brief explanation on NATIONAL SYMBOLS:
The Republic of India has several official national symbols. These symbols are intrinsic to the Indian identity and heritage. These are discussed as follows:
- The National Flag is a horizontal tricolor of deep saffron (kesaria) at the top, white in the middle and dark green at the bottom in equal proportion.
- The ratio of width of the flag to its length is 2:3.In the centre of the white band is a navy-blue wheel which represents the chakra.
- Its design is that of the wheel which appears on the abacus of the Sarnath Lion Capital of Ashoka. Its diameter approximates to the width of the white band and it has 24 spokes.
- The design of the National Flag was adopted by the Constituent Assembly of India on July 22, 1947.
- The flag is based on the Swaraj flag, a flag of the Indian National Congress designed by Pingali Venkayya.
- The flag, by law, is to be made of khadi, a special type of hand-spun cloth, or silk made popular by Mahatma Gandhi.
- The manufacturing process and specifications for the flag are laid out by the Bureau of Indian Standards. The right to manufacture the flag is held by the Khadi Development and Village Industries Commission
FOR MORE INFORMATION DOWNLOAD PDF FILE FROM GIVEN DOWNLOAD BUTTON