Revised SSC CGL 2017 Age Limit increased by 3 years
Revised SSC CGL 2017 Age Limit increased by 3 years-SSC CGL 2017 Aspirants, we have a big news for you. We, all know, that for the most of posts in CGL Exam, Age limit is 18 to 27 years, and there are demands by student groups to increase the upper age limit for CGL Exam and here comes the good news SSC had relaxed the upper age limit by 3 years for various posts in the Upcoming SSC CGL Exam.Revised SSC CGL 2017 Age Limit increased by 3 years
Most of the posts for which the Age limit is increased are Group B posts having Grade Pay of Rs 4200 , Rs 4600, and Rs 4800.
The Notification regarding the increase in Upper age limit is issued the Department of Personnel Training (DOPT), Ministry of Personnel, PG and Pensions. It is expected that these New rules may be implemented for the upcoming SSC CGL 2017 Exam, however, the exact status will be known, only after the announcement of SSC CGL 2017 Notification on 11th March.
Along with this, SSC had released a Notification, informing the Cut off date for CGL 2017 Exam. As per this Notification, the crucial date for determining the Age Limit for CGL 2017 is 1st August, 2017. So, only those, who meet the Eligibility criteria for CGL 2017 Exam as on 1st August, 2017 can apply.
Complete List of CGL Posts for which Age Limit is increased
Applicants must note that Age limit is increased only for the below mentioned Group B posts under the Grade pay of Rs 4200, Rs 4600 and Rs 4800.
- Assistants in CVC : 18 to 30 years
- Assistant in Home Affairs: 21 to 30 years
- Assistant in Railways: 18 to 30 years
- Assistant in External Affairs: 18 to 30 years
- Assistants in Ministry of Defence: 18 to 30 years
- Assistant Other Ministries : 18 to 30 years
- Inspector of Income Tax: 18 to 30 years
- Inspector (Excise): 18 to 30 years
- Inspector (Preventive Officer): 18 to 30 years
- Inspector (Examiner): 18 to 30 years
- Assistant Enforcement Officer: 18 to 30 years
- Inspector of posts: .18 to 30 years
- Divisional Accountant: 18 to 30 years
- Inspector (Narcotics): 18 to 30 years
Other posts for Which the Upper Age Limit is already 30 years or above, as per the previous SSC Notification
- Assistant in CSS: 18 to 30 years
- Sub-Inspector in CBI: 18 to 30 years
- Sub-Inspector in NIA: 18 to 30 years
- AAO: 18 to 30 years
- Statistical Investigator: Max: 32 years
SSC 2400,2800 grade pay age limit increase or Not
Note: For remaining posts having Grade pay of Rs 2400 and Rs 2800, there is No change in the Age Limit.
However, the actual picture gets clear, when the SSC CGL 2017 Notification will be announced. The Online Registration for CGL 2017 exam, will begin from 11th March and closes on 15th April, 2017.
It is highly advisable, that you should start your preparation for CGL 2017 Exam right now, as there is huge competition in the CGL Exam. Here is the Complete List of Books for SSC CGL 2017 Exam, that covers the each and every topics of SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus